Samstag, 2. Juni 2012

Writing

As i grow older, I am really coming to appreciate the expression of my thoughts via writing.

I again enjoy re-reading books and stories by Asimov that inspired my creativity, my fascination for sciences when I was young.

The man was brilliant.

It would be excellent if, as Isaac Asimov, my thoughts and imagination flowed onto the paper, that I relished the next session in my attic in front of the typewriter, not being able to wait, or to contain the thoughts that would gracefully, and passionately flow onto the paper.

I wished I were half as brilliant, intelligent enough to put my thoughts into a book form, perhaps sell it to a publisher, become a best-selling author - heaven knows there are quite a few idiots, who have done well for themselves writing the obvious, and making millions at it.

This guy who wrote "men are from mars.." or something of the nature - anyone who's married for more than 2 years knows everything he wrote.

I suppose that there is much that I have learned that is interesting to absolutely no one on this planet, perhaps another somewhere in the universe. Or perhaps they already know everything that my 40-some years has taught me, and it's all boring for them. I suppose if this were true, one of them would have written it all in book form and sold it to a publisher, and become a best-selling author.

Once reported that from a survey of the "best" English-language authors of all time, a large number were actually Irish. also from this list, a large number of the people listed were alcoholics.

So it would seem logically that alcohol increases ones writing abilities.

I am therefore drinking heavily, working on the first step toward becoming a great author.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen